Friday, October 19, 2007

Interview Reflection

For me, the interview was not necessarily anything new. While in Charleston, I had to interview with five different architecture firms for my internship, so after that I had a grasp of how the interview would work. That said, it was nice to go through it again as a refresher before I graduate and enter the business world after the conclusion of this semester. It allowed me the chance to experience the interview process again in a non-threatening setting before I have to go through it in the real world.

Not only is that the case, but the class, in general, is a true help. I first thought it unfortunate that this was the only class I have this semester that actually requires any work outside of class. This is entirely opposite of the truth, though. I am actually glad now that I put off taking this class until now. It has forced me to get all of my things together (i.e. resume, cover letter, etc.) before I graduate and enter the real world.

Digressions aside, I feel the interview went quite well. I was told I did not seem nervous at all, and that my eye contact and body language looked good as well. I was also told my answers and explanations were good too. There were a few potential items that could use some minor improvement, but other than that, I was told my resume and cover letter looked good. Overall I feel the interview was a good experience, and one that I both enjoyed and am glad to have participated in.

No comments: