Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Presentation Thoughts

For me, all of the presentations were quite interesting. I find it hard to pick just one that really stood out, but since I have to, it would have to be Jays regarding carnivorous plants. I honestly would have never thought I would have any interest whatsoever in any sort of presentation on plant life. To hear Jay speak about it, though, was actually a real treat. The information he presented was all very intriguing as well as informative. Most importantly, he presented the topic with excitement. One could tell that the information he was giving was something that was important to him, and something he certainly knew a lot about.

A few of other the presentations I really liked were the ones on barbecue, human trafficking, and of course The Office. The presentation on barbecue was surprisingly interesting as well as presented with a passion for the material. Being excited about the topic goes a long way. The human trafficking presentation was also surprisingly interesting, and rather moving in a depressing, hopeless sort of way. I watch enough movies to have assumed that that was a problem, but not quite to the scale that was presented. Finally, the presentation about The Office, was just that, about The Office. I don't really feel much explanation is needed here. The show is quite funny, and even though I am not an avid watcher, I have seen it enough to know the characters and was quite entertained by the presentation.

No comments: