Sunday, September 2, 2007

Introductory Post

Well this is my first blog post ever. I have never actually kept any sort of diary or journal either, so I hope it is found to be, at the very least, acceptable. At any rate, my name is John Babcock, and I am a Senior here at Clemson. I am majoring in Architecture, minoring in Psychology, and should be graduating in December, barring any unforseen complications. My hometown is Gaffney, SC though I was born in Colombia, SC.



I chose my major because I always enjoyed drawing as well as designing and building things with blocks and Legos. I also took an industrial technology class in ninth grade where nearly half of the class grade was based on hand drawn floor, electrical, and plumbing plans as well as elevations and a scaled model of a house of our choosing. After taking that class I knew that Architecture was the field I should enter, and despite the many long hours in studio, I am still happy with my choice. As part of my major, I have had to take a couple of public speaking classes which should be of some benefit to a group. I have also had to develop some familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and I also have some experience with Microsoft Power Point.



As far as interests are concerned, I love movies, and my favorite type of music is rock in most all of it's capacities. My two favorite tv shows are Seinfeld and Scrubs, but some of my other top shows are Heroes, Stargate SG-1, Burn Notice, and Man Vs Wild. I played baseball when I was younger, and soccer for about eight years including a couple of years in high school. I enjoy paintball when I have the time and money, and have rowed for Clemson Crew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you'd get along well with my son! First of all, he loves Transformers, lol. We went to see the movie this summer, and we both liked it quite a bit, actually. Then, he's into Legos too. And he plans to major in Architecture here at CU someday.

How's the Psych minor with Architecture? That sounds like a tremendous amount of work, but I imagine you have quite a unique perspective on many things as a result.